Hospitals et al. Committee
Welcome to the hospital committee area.
Hospitals et al. Committee Charge (Approved):
The Hospitals et al. Committee will:
- Be comprised of 8-20 individuals representing in a balanced way the perspectives and interests of all hospitals and other large asset-intensive healthcare providers in the Louisville metropolitan statistical area (including Southern Indiana). Constituents represented will not include those clinics and pharmacies represented in the Clinics, Pharmacies et al. Committee.
- Help develop and recommend policies, procedures and strategies that will A.) improve ability of hospitals et al. to improve patient care and reduce their costs and B.) improve quality and reduce costs of healthcare for all citizens in the Louisville community.
- Educate hospitals et al. it represents about LouHIE activities and opportunities, and identify their interests and concerns. This will include formation and support of an online “Forum”.
- Appoint a Director for the LouHIE board of directors, who shall also serve as the Chair of the Hospitals et al. Committee.
Time Commitment and Responsibilities:
- Attend committee meetings on a quarterly or as needed basis.
- Be available by phone and/or e-mail to answer questions from constituents, LouHIE staff and/or other board members.
- Possible Issues to Address (Raised in initial Meeting):
- Prioritized list of types of data desired (pharmacy, lab, etc.)
- Recommendations for standards for interfaces for both input/output data.
- Estimates of costs for hospitals et al. to build interfaces.
- Estimates of potential savings for hospitals through reduction of duplicate tests, and streamlining of administrative processes.
Click below to:
Apply to join this committee
View membership roster for this committee
Propose a new member of this committee
Propose a Member
View private "member only" documents
Manage committee (accept members, send mail, etc.)